PDA

View Full Version : short?

Boman
10-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Black smooth top whirlpool stove (electric).
When the drawer is shut, the light blinks on. Is this a loose hot getting against the frame or chassis?

What do I check?

This is my personal stove and it is a little scary.

P.S. I should point out this happens when the stove is off.

Hmm, I guess we can disregard this for now. It seems to have been the door switch and or loose bulb. But why would a loose bulb cause this? And why would fiddling with the switch make the light quit blinking when the stove was jarred a little? Just a little dirty?

jeff1
10-07-2013, 01:22 AM
No model# posted :(
Arcing switch contacts or arcing relay contacts for the light would be prime suspect.

short?

A short would blow a fuse/breaker.

jeff.

Boman
10-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks Jeff.

It does make me wonder why a shorted heating element on a dryer does not blow a breaker.

Sorry about leaving the model number off. Was kind of a spur of the moment post while I had on my mind and was thinking it might be a general enough question as to not be necessary to post the number.

jeff1
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Just wondered if it had an electronic clock....have seen light relays flutter ( click on and off ) on the clock/control assembly.

jeff.

Boman
10-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I missed this response. Yes, it has an electronic clock.

I fiddled with the bulb and switch, and it seems to be okay now. I still need to check into it a little further, if I get time. I guess I will need to take time.

jeff1
10-11-2013, 12:23 PM
This is my personal stove

if I get time. I guess I will need to take time.

The shoe makers kids that have no shoes ;)

I rarely get the time to finish my home projects.

jeff.

Boman
10-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Ditto on the cobbler's kid.