Thread: Remove lower arm Estate TUD4700KQ1 dishwasher

Default Remove lower arm Estate TUD4700KQ1 dishwasher

Hi!

I'm trying to remove the lower arm for the Dishwasher brand Estate, model TUD4700KQ1.

The machine stopped draining water. What I did was the following:
    1) replaced tube going from dishwasher to waste disposal
    2) let the water drain from the dishwasher to a bucket - when bucket is on the floor water runs no problem, if bucket elevated to the same height as waste disposal, water doesn't drain
    3) I assume the issue was low power on the pump - decided to look for videos on how to replace the pump
    4) got stuck on the part where I need to remove the lower arm to disassemble the old pump. No videos have a similar arm to this one
    5) asked for help here

I've attached pictures of the arm and the model and brand. The arm looks exactly the same when you look from the back of the machine (I stuck my head there to try to find a lever or something).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7050016.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	280.7 KB 
ID:	771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7050017.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7050019.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	773

I don't know the year of the machine since it was bought refurbished by someone not living in this house anymore.

Thank you so much!

Hi,

Use an adjustable slip-nut wrench and loosen the pump outlet nut ( #10 ).
    Lift the spray arm assembly out of the pump fitting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W0110042-00004.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	774

Might help...

When the Wash cycle is finished, the dishwasher will reverse the direction of the motor and enter the
    Drain mode. Water is pumped into the port at the bottom of the soil collector during the Drain cycle
    causing the ball in the collector to rise against the opening in the bottom of the funnel. Water flows
    through and out of the collector through the top port and into the drain line. Food particles
    collected during the Wash cycle are carried out with the drain water. When the Drain cycle ends and
    the pump stops running, the ball settles to the bottom of the collector.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thank you so much for your help.
    I need to get the slip-nut wrench to try to take this out.

Another question is about your final comment - the ball you mention is it #21 on the figure? And can food particles and other be the cause for the low draining capacity? If so can I open and clean the component marked as #17 on the figure you sent? I would rather fix it and not buy a new part (or better, my landlady would rather have me fixing it than buy a new part that costs $153 for a machine bought for less than that - it is a refurbished machine).

Thank you so much!

A copy:

This model is equipped with a soil settler system. The inlet to the soil settler funnel is located to the
    right and just behind the lower spray arm assembly.
    Since this inlet is located in an area that is relatively free of water turbulence, food particles washed
    from the dishes can collect in this area and fall through the funnel and accumulate in the collector. Food particles continue to collect as long as the dishwasher is in the Wash mode.
    When the Wash cycle is finished, the dishwasher will reverse the direction of the motor and enter the
    Drain mode. Water is pumped into the port at the bottom of the soil collector during the Drain cycle
    causing the ball in the collector to rise against the opening in the bottom of the funnel. Water flows
    through and out of the collector through the top port and into the drain line. Food particles
    collected during the Wash cycle are carried out with the drain water. When the Drain cycle ends and
    the pump stops running, the ball settles to the bottom of the collector.

Removing the Soil Settler Assembly
    1. Disconnect the dishwasher from the household electrical system and lay the unit on its back.
    2. Remove the four (4) Hex-head screws securing the soil settler assembly to the tub.
    3. Disconnect the two (2) hoses from the soil settler collector.
    4. Remove the funnel and funnel grate, check valve ball and seal from the soil settler collector.

And can food particles and other be the cause for the low draining capacity?
    Sure.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid