Thread: Maytag MVWC6ESWW1

Default Maytag MVWC6ESWW1

Got this from a lady that said there was a problem with the water sensor or something to that effect. She had it fixed/replaced once. The only thing I find a little strange with it is it lets in more water each time the lid is opened. If the lid is not opened, it will sense the right amount of water for a small load and go through all the cycles as it should.

It will not overflow regardless of how many times the lid is opened. It gets to (I guess) a large load amount of water and starts washing.

Comments appreciated.

You are resetting the load sense control each time you open the lid. Lid switch on these models is on the line side and kills power to everything.

You are resetting the load sense control each time you open the lid
    Evidently, but is that normal?? Seems like a flaw if so.

Whats the fix?
    Last edited by Boman; 10-29-2014 at 12:58 AM.

A copy I found...

ALL POINTERS ONLINE:

Top load Washers with auto load sensing feature.

Customer notices that the unit is filling with more water than necessary to wash the load size.
    Customer may call it overflowing, leaving the impression that the unit is filling with water to the
    point of overflowing onto the floor, when in fact it does not overflow, but simply has more fill than
    the customer anticipated.

The customer has interrupted the fill cycle to observe the Auto Load Sensing feature or to add an
    item of clothing, etc. to the load.

The unit is operating as it is designed.
    In a properly operating washer, the Auto Load Sensing cycle MUST go through a sequence to
    evaluate how many clothes are in the load, to attain the proper water fill level.
    The Auto Load
    Sensing sequence will first fill to a low water level. Then it will agitate for about 10 seconds and
    pause, to monitor the water absorption rate of any clothing not wet from the low water level. It will
    then, if necessary, fill to the appropriate water level before beginning the wash agitation cycle.
    If the Auto Load Sensing cycle is interrupted by lifting the lid during the fill cycle it will cause
    the unit to revert to its default setting - a full fill. It defaults to the high water level to protect the
    clothing from being agitated with too low of a water level.
    Advise the customer that the unit is operating as it is designed; to protect the customers’
    clothes and that interrupting this first fill sequence will cause the unit to default to the high water level.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks, glad to know this normal. Still seems a little strange though.

Isn't new technology grand?!

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Sometimes it is a head scratcher.

The lady I got this washer from said she had paid $180 once on this machine when the sensor was not working right. I think maybe that was just for the part. So, this time she just bought a new one. I wish I had pinned her down a little more on exactly what it was doing. So far it is only doing exactly what the article you posted is referring to.

I think I willprint that out to give to whoever buys this machine.

I think I willprint that out to give to whoever buys this machine.
    A good idea!

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid