Thread: whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 F1, replaced main board, now error LF

Default whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 F1, replaced main board, now error LF

I have a whirlpool cabrio wtw6200sw0 washer. I was getting an F1 and the diagnostic mode showed a F1 followed by 68. I replaced the main board.

The washer worked for about a week but at the beginning of every cycle I would get a LF. I would hit start once and it would complete the cycle. This lasted about a week, then it would just give repeated LF errors. I have a multimeter so I checked all the solenoids resistance and they were all within manufacturer specs. In running manual diagnostics I would get the machine to fill correctly according to every valve selection and every temp selection, but when running in normal cycle, most of the time the solenoids don't get the signal to open according to what I observed during manual diagnostics. Occasionally, the machine would fill and work and run correctly but most of the time it just hums and errors out with LF.

I think the main board that I put in is defective. It is a refurbished board but does have a warranty. Before I send it back I would like to get a 2nd opinion confirmation.

Thanks

Hi,

Did you calibrate the washer after you installed it?
    Look on your tech data sheet at TEST #6 Water Level and Pressure Transducer Calibration.
    If still an issue after doing that it still errors out with LF, then yes send it back and try another.

Name:  Main-Control-Board-W10189966-00704580.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  3.6 KB LINK> Machine/motor control and water pressure transducer

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

No, I didn't and I didn't see any reason that I should since there isn't any water coming in for the sensor to check the level on. I have subsequently ran the calibration procedure and nothing changed. Looks like I will be getting a RMA and exchanging the motor control again. I am curious, do you know of a source for documentation of the expected sequence of operation? In other words, I recorded the valve activation on each of the manual diagnostics procedures, water temps, etc., and I expected to see the same valve activation in normal operation, but didn't. Is there a source for such documentation?

Like a timing chart?...if yes, none anymore as the washer can change cycles, timing, fills, temps as needed along the way so I know of no documentation on a fixed timing chart.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid