Thread: GE dryewr motor wiring

Default GE dryewr motor wiring

Model - DDE5100SBLWW

Can't find a schematic showing the wiring on the motor for this dryer. I got them all but the Black and the Lavender.

The wires for this model are on the right side of the motor looking down on it. I want to say the Black went to the top terminal. I do not want to be wrong.

Help!?

Looks like the last motor in this link, except what looks like it might be the brown wire is a double brown on this one.

http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryer...eplacement.php

Other than that, the colors look the same.
    My colors are from the bottom uo - GR, Bu, Y/Bk, BRBR, then the black and the lavender
    Last edited by Boman; 11-12-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Motor terminal 1 is black, terminal 2 is violet but it doesn't really matter, they can go either way. This is just the switch to complete the heat circuit.

Appreciate that. Terminal 1 is next to the top, right? Top is 2?

Violet? Dang, I seem to have a hard time remembering that color.
    One of them things where you knowsomething does not seem right, bu tyou use it (lavender) anyway.

Thanks again

Hi all,

Can't find a schematic showing the wiring on the motor for this dryer. I got them all but the Black and the Lavender.
    Attached is the closest that I had.

jeff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks , Jeff.
    On these inline terminal switches, are they numbered from 1 -6 from top to bottom or bottom to top consecutively, or are 1 and 2 turned around?

Another thing, the numbers on the square switches and the inline switches work the same, right? Can the inlines be changed?

Update on this dryer: I went ahead and put power to it. It runs and heats, but it seems to have a little hum to it. I may put another bas motor on it. That or I set the clamp at the blower housing too far back. I set it all the way back to the motor. The reason I did this was it did not seem to be enough shaft to put the blower wheel on straight.

I trhink I will loosen that and the blower wheel now that I have the whole thing in and let it adjust itself. Maybe it will pull things back out and show the black rubber between the motor and the clamp at the blower housing like in the next to the last picture on that link to the motors.
    Last edited by Boman; 11-13-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Can the inlines be changed?
    You mean the built in motor switch?, if yes, no it cannot be changed.

That or I set the clamp at the blower housing too far back. I set it all the way back to the motor
    That should be good....loose and it may travel forward and hit the housing.

are they numbered from 1 -6 from top to bottom or bottom to top consecutively, or are 1 and 2 turned around?
    If I have read this correctly, no the numbers don't normally go in order. Heat switch wires ( often #1 and 2 ) can be revered as they are just an open or closed switch for the heat and don't do anything for the motor running.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

So, 1 and 2 are not always for the heat circuit.

Thanks

Most ( all? ) are today, some older ones like Westinghouse used different # terminals for the heat switch.

Name:  norge10.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  79.7 KB

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid