Thread: Kenmore Washer not filling

Default Kenmore Washer not filling

Hi! Our Kenmore 90 series washer machine model# 110.26902691 is not filling when the dial is set. When you move the dial to rinse, it does fill then.
    Is the washing setting dial damaged? What could be causing this?? Please help, the family's laundry is piling up to the ceiling!
    Thank you in advance!!

Try different temperature settings to see if it will fill in wash fill at any of the temp settings. Rinse fill is cold water only and auto temp control is bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by thefixer View Post
    Try different temperature settings to see if it will fill in wash fill at any of the temp settings. Rinse fill is cold water only and auto temp control is bypassed.
    Thank you for your help!
    I set it to different temps and it worked!! It also worked when I put it back on cold/cold! My wife said she would give you a hug if she could

I'm concerned that this is a temporary fix and something may be going bad. Any advise on what could or may be going on here?
    Thanks again.

The temperature switch may be going bad. The switch has 5 sets of contacts inside of it. I mentioned that the auto temp control is bypassed in rinse cycle but so is the temperature switch (as far as the cold water valve is concerned). If it happens again, I would try rotating the switch back and forth rapidly and see how it goes after that. If the problem persists, then I would replace the switch. If you buy from APP, it can be returned if it doesn't fix the problem and it has a one year warranty and is a genuine Whirlpool part (your Kenmore is made by Whirlpool).

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap3125989.html