Thread: Spilled water in oven - control panel failing to switch on bake or broil

Hybrid View

JGSP31WET1WW
    That one works

Only major items I can see that might short if they got wet is #315, 315, 318....gas valve, hot surface ignitors, spark module....make sure all are dried out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2132461-00004.png 
Views:	1829 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	918

Is there some means of testing and determining if the clock/control has been damaged?
    If power is coming into it ok but won't turn on or wont respond, should be an issue with the clock/control...

...and this gets worse, the control/clock is coming up NLA ( no longer available ).

Name:  Oven-Control-Board-WB27K5187--00572730.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  30.6 KB LINK> Electronic range control - Not available

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

[QUOTE]...and this gets worse, the control/clock is coming up NLA ( no longer available ).
    /QUOTE]

Ouch! So it looks like my only choices are to try to send the control panel out to one of these off-site repair services or bite the bullet for a new range...any one have any experience with getting a control panel repaired?

So it looks like my only choices are to try to send the control panel out to one of these off-site repair services or bite the bullet for a new range
    Yes, it looks that way.

any one have any experience with getting a control panel repaired?
    Lately, if we send 10 away, 4 come back not reparable, 4 work ok, 2 have to go back again for warranty...JMO!

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid